FOSTER AND ADOPTIVE SERVICES
Licensing for Foster Care and Adoption
|Definition||In accordance with the Regulations of Connecticut State Agencies §17a-145-155, a summary suspension of a license occurs when the Department has reason to believe that there is a threat to the health or welfare of a child placed in a foster or prospective adoptive home.|
|Removal of Children||
A summary suspension requires the immediate removal of all children covered by that license.
No additional children may be placed in a home under summary suspension until a final decision is rendered.
|Procedures to Suspend||The table below explains the procedures for a summary suspension of a license:|
|Licensing Worker||· Submit a request for a summary suspension to the licensing supervisor and Program Supervisor including sufficient evidence to warrant the suspension.|
|Licensing Supervisor and Program Supervisor||
Immediately upon receipt of a request and evidence to suspend,
· review the evidence
· consult with the Principal Attorney and other appropriate parties, as necessary, to determine if there are sufficient grounds to suspend
· coordinate with the childs Social Worker for notification to the licensee and the immediate removal of any children covered by the license.
Immediately send a suspension notice to the licensee by certified mail, including the following information:
· the reason(s) for, and duration of, the suspension
· if appropriate,
- the expectations which the licensee must meet for restoration of the license
- the conditions which must be met following the end of the suspension period
· notice of an intent to revoke the license
· notice of the licensees right and the procedure to request an administrative hearing if he/she does not agree with the suspension.
If the Department does not receive a written request for an administrative hearing within ten (10) days after the licensee receives the certified letter, the recommended action of the Department is accepted.
copy of the certified letter in the licensees record.
a copy of the certified letter to the Administrative Hearings Unit.
the resulting licensing action in LINK.
adoption license that is revoked, utilize DCF-335 to notify OFAS to withdraw the
familys registration as an adoptive resource.
· Process a closed record for storage.
|Placing a Foster Home On Hold||For the policy and procedures to place a licensed foster home on hold pending the completion of an investigation of a report of abuse or neglect, see Policy 34-12-9.1, Reports of Abuse or Neglect Concerning DCF Family Homes.|
Connecticut Department of Children and Families Effective Date: July 1, 2002 (New)