All employees are expected to demonstrate
dependability by reporting to training, returning from breaks on time and completing the
full training class.
|Purpose of Training
The purpose of training is to provide
fundamental or advanced skills so that Department employees may provide the best possible
services to the citizens of Connecticut.
|Effects of Tardiness
Tardiness will not be tolerated during
training since it results in:
- attendees missing training that may be essential to the provision of services to
children and families
- disruption of trainers and others in attendance.
Tardiness shall be excused in the event of
Emergency means: a crisis in the employees family; or, a
situation involving the employees workload which cannot be managed by other
Department personnel and which would result in danger to a child if the staff person is
not contacted immediately.
If for any reason, an employee scheduled
for training, anticipates being tardy for a Training Academy run or sponsored class or
course, he/she shall contact their supervisor prior to the beginning of the training
Supervisors shall contact the Training
Academy prior to the beginning of training to report employees who:
- have called in, in anticipation of being tardy
- are excused from class because of an emergency
- must leave before the close of the class.
Supervisors shall ensure that the non-training activity code is used
for the specified time that the employee was tardy from training.
Supervisors shall meet with employees who have been tardy for training
the next business day the employee returns to their office.
The supervisor shall impress upon the employee the importance of being
on time for training and seeking solutions which will prevent a reoccurrence of tardiness.
If there are more than two (2) incidents during the same training
program, written confirmation of the verbal/written counseling will be required by the
Training Academy, for the employee to be readmitted.
Training Academy Procedures
The Training Academy shall:
- have employees sign an attendance sheet at the beginning of class, and may also
distribute another attendance sheet fifteen (15) minutes prior to the conclusion of class
- collect the attendance sheets
- E-Mail notices of tardiness to supervisors with the names of those who were tardy and
the Academy was not previously notified by the supervisor
- retain the original of the attendance and late sheets.
Employees arriving after the beginning of
class shall sign a late sheet with the Training Academy receptionist prior to being
admitted to class.
The Training Academy retains the right to:
- exclude an employee from any mandatory training program following the second tardiness
incident until written confirmation of a supervisory counseling session with the employee
- deny admission to any non-mandatory program by an employee who has repeated tardiness
Employees who miss any portion of the training time may receive an
"incomplete" status for the course. An "incomplete" status would
require an employee to make-up any missed training content.